Even Porn Stars Were Virgins Once

| July 9, 2018 | Reply

A bit of homework or bedtime reading and musing for you today, in the form of a betting related quiz which has been put together by the Syndicate’s Miles Tredwell.

The Betting Rant (and indeed the Syndicate) have members of all levels of experience, from veterans to complete newbies, which is great – even porn stars were virgins once – and although the following questions are targeted towards anyone who is fairly new and just starting out on their betting journey, some more seasoned bettors may find some of the points raised act as useful reminders.

Below are a mixed bag of questions related to betting…

Feel free to post your answers, show-off your knowledge or bewilderment, berate the questions or add any other responses in the comments section below.

Or, if you wish, you can email them to us at bettingrant@agorapub.co.uk, keep them to yourself or tell the cat and swear him/her to secrecy. I’ll come back with my answers and explanations tomorrow.


1) You read that one tipping service has a 50% strike-rate and another has a 15% strike-rate. Which one will be most profitable to follow?

a) the one with a 50% strike-rate
b) the one with a 15% strike-rate
c) both to the same extent
d) neither
e) don’t know

2) Elsewhere you see that one service has made 100 points profit, while another has made 340 points profit. Which service is going to make you the most money? 

a) the one that has made 100 points
b) the one that has made 340 points
c) both to the same extent
d) neither
e) don’t know

3) You join a service for a month’s trial and there will be 100 recommended bets. How many do you expect to win?

a) None
b) 1-25
c) 26-50
d) 51-74
e) 75-99
f) all of them
g) don’t know

4) You’ve received some selections and are ready to put your money down. How much do you bet on each selection?

a) your usual amount
b) depends how much is in your account
c) a bit more than normal because the last bet lost
d) only a little bit to test the waters
e) lots – the suns out and I’m feeling lucky
e) another amount

5) At the end of the trial you have to decide whether to carry on with the service or not. How will you make this decision?

a) Only stay on if it’s made a profit in the month’s trial.
b) Only stay on if it’s made a loss in the month’s trial.
c) Ask your neighbour. If he’s out you will leave a note asking him to phone you when he’s back.
d) Decide on other factors.
e) Don’t know

6) You make a bet and it loses. Who benefits?

a) You
b) The bookmaker
c) The tipster
d) You and the bookmaker
e) The bookmaker and the tipster
f) You and the tipster
f) Everybody
g) Nobody
h) Don’t know

7) You make a bet and it wins. Who benefits? Same options as previous question.

8) Your own selections or those of a tipster you’re following is having a lean or losing spell. Should you

a) increase your stakes to try to recover loses
b) reduce stakes to protect against further loses
c) leave the service
d) carry on as normal
e) don’t know

9) Your own selections or those of a tipster you’re following is having a hot or winning spell. Should you

a) increase your stakes to maximise returns
b) reduce your stakes to protect your winnings
c) leave the service
d) carry on as normal
e) don’t know

10) You read an article telling you that backing favourites is the quick way to the poor house. Should you

a) back every favourite
b) never back a favourite
c) back some favourites
d) don’t know

11) Should you

a) keep very detailed records of every bet
b) keep minimal records of every bet
c) keep a record of some bets
d) not keep any records
e) just check the balances in your accounts to see if you’re up or down
f) don’t know

12) When is the best time to join a tipping service?

a) anytime
b) at certain times of the year
c) on a Tuesday
d) October 12th
e) never
f) don’t know

13) An article give a thorough analysis of a forthcoming match. It concludes that Team A has a 60% chance of winning, the draw is 25% likely and Team B has a 15% chance of success. Who or what should be backed?

a) Team A
b) The draw
c) Team B
d) Don’t know

Once again, if you wish to disclose or discuss your answers you can do so below or email us at bettingrant@agorapub.co.uk and I’ll come back with my answers shortly.

Happy Punting,

Miles Tredwell
Betting Rant

Email

Tags: , ,

Category: Betting Tips

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Not yet a member? Join Betting Rant free and get access to all the members only content including free betting systems!

Already a member but haven't registered yet? Please follow the links to the registration page in any email issue of Betting Rant from 12th July 2012 onwards.

Discover five proven ways to beat the bookies for FREE

Sign up here and I'll immediately email you Five ways to get a mathematical edge on the bookies, worth £40, COMPLETELY FREE of charge… what's more you'll also receive my e-letter, The Betting Rant… and again, it's COMPLETELY FREE.

I respect your privacy and will never pass
on your email address to anyone else.

X
© 2018 Betting Rant. All rights reserved. | Agora Lifestyles Ltd, Registered office: 5-11 Worship Street, London EC2A 2BH | Registered in England Company No 3303666. VAT No GB 629 7287 94.

Gambling is high risk, never bet with money you cannot afford to lose. Please gamble responsibly, for information and advice visit the gambleaware website at: www.begambleaware.org. This content is not intended for audiences under the age of 18 years of age.